So you’ve been told your site needs some SEO. Why?
You Google search for your product’s keywords or simply your company name and it does not appear on the first page of Google results.
Hence your customers can’t find your site and services and you lose business.
So why does Google give you such a poor pagerank? Go check it on http://www.prchecker.info/. Is it zero? I thought so.
Your site is probably both:
- Badly coded
- Lacking information
How can you tell your site is badly coded? Simply run http://validator.nu/ over every page. Errors? Well fix them! Make your pages HTML5 compliant.
As for lacking information, the Web is all about information. Not whizzy flash bang graphics. If your site is information dense and relevant, your pagerank will rise.
- Do you show basic contact details on every page?
- If you are at a fixed address, give co-ordinates to your location!
- Forget the feedback form, just have an email address clearly advertised.
- Is all that information spell checked and crystal clear?
- It is OK to have everything on one page (think Wikipedia)
If you sell a product or service, show that you are the expert by demonstrating how much you know about it in a clear and concise manner.
Finally see what the Google robot sees! Try your site with my new service http://robot.dabase.com.
Does you page look intelligible? Can you see all your keywords on the text output? See for example my homepage http://robot.dabase.com/http://hendry.iki.fi and compare to your site.