- Monday Planning / Estimation - send board URL to PO for feedback / Research
- Tuesday Code
- Wednesday Code
- Thursday Code / Prepare demos for showcase
- Friday Book time with the PO
- Morning: Backlog refinement - talk about backlog priority and add any missing item if needed
- Afternoon: Showcase, Retrospective
Meetings can be merged
FYI: Sometimes, you might combine a Monday session (Planning / Estimation) into a Showcase session to minimize the number of meetings. Showcase first then talked about Planning after, .. because our PO was very busy.
Respect everyone’s time and energy during a synchronous meeting. Be aware of bike shedding and the value of time. 1+hr meetings are HARD! The chairperson, typically the person wearing the BA hat, needs to carefully allocate time to each ceremony. Ideally all participants are prepared in advance, i.e. read through the cards at play in advance. Demos prepared in advance. Questions asked in advance.
For a remote meeting, ensure you have wired internet and a good microphone like the https://www.rode.com/microphones/lavaliergo.
Record a one minute screencast to demonstrate the “Done” card. Make sure it is encoded as an MP4 with ffmpeg upon a well known location for sharing.
Showcase live to ensure interaction with stakeholders, and only fallback to the screencast if something goes wrong or you want to share wider with people who did not attend.
Read out the Prime Directive:
Regardless of what we discover, we must understand and truly believe that everyone did the best job they could, given what they knew at the time, their skills and abilities, the resources available, and the situation at hand.
- Ensure team members are comfortable sharing - consider private time
- Objective: honest positive feedback to drive improvements
- Ideally PO participates