Standups with a sense of urgency, i.e. not take 30 minutes!
When editing the weekly minutes use the shortcut @meeting notes building block in Google Docs.
Please have an Agenda which includes:
- Who is driving it
- Why the meeting
- Expected outputs
- Collaborate on the minutes
- Please use Slack for messaging, not Zoom ideally, to avoid messages being lost
For fast collaboration consider huddling with Slack
- Avoid large meetings
- Leave a meeting if you’re not contributing
- Forget the chain of command
- Be clear, not clever
- Ditch frequent meetings
- Use common sense
Elon reportedly send this mail to Tesla employees:— Alex (@alex_avoigt) November 25, 2022
1) Avoid large meetings
Large meetings waste valuable time & energy
- They discourage debate
- People are more guarded than open
- There’s not enough time for everyone to contribute
Don’t schedule large meetings unless ...
See also Elon Musk’s design process